Why is my video jittery?
Videos may appear jittery if an incorrect Micro SD Memory Card is used when recording. Make sure you are using a Class 10 or higher Micro SD video card. We recommend a 64GB Micro SD Memory card or higher to provide sufficient storage while recording.
We also recommend performing a firmware upgrade on the device by following the instructions below. The latest firmware upgrade includes some improvements when recording at the highest resolution while capturing the telemetry data to prevent any jittery video.
Instructions for checking and updating the V.360 firmware
The update process can be completed in 3 steps. Please make sure the V.360 battery is charged completely before starting.
Step: 1 Setting up your V.360 Camera for Internet Connection
Step: 2 Checking and downloading the latest firmware upgrade file to the V.360
Step: 3 Install the latest firmware upgrade.
Step 1: Setting up your V.360 Camera for Internet Connection
Carefully follow the instructions below.
- Open the V.360 Companion Application and connect to your V.360 Camera Via a Bluetooth Connection.
- Click on the "Settings" Icon
- Click on the "WIFI" menu item.
- Click on "Wi-Fi Mode"
- Click on "Wi-Fi Remote Connection"
- Select "Wi-Fi Remote Connection" to connect to your local Wi-Fi Network.
- Select your "Local Wi-Fi Router". If your router is secured you will be prompted to enter a passcode. If your wireless network has a password that contains spaces, the camera will not be able to connect to it. You will need to update the network password and remove any spaces.
Please note: It will read "No Wi-Fi Networks In Range" when you first enter the selection menu as it will be searching, after a few seconds Wi-Fi networks in range will show like below.
- Navigate back to the main settings screen for the next step.
Step 2: Checking and Downloading the V.360 Firmware File to the Camera
Downloading the firmware file could take 3-5 minutes.
- From the Settings - Software Information, click on "Available Firmware Version" and choose "Download"
- Once the download is completed, you be be prompted to choose "Install"
Step 3: Installing the V.360 Firmware File
- Click on the "Install" button to begin installing the firmware on the camera.
- After clicking "Install". The camera LED will begin to rapidly flash red during the firmware installation process. Please Note: Do not attempt to reconnect to the camera or remove the camera battery during this process.
- The installation will take approximately 90 seconds at which point the LED will begin to rapidly flash green during the last step to reboot the camera with the new Firmware installed.
- Once finished, the camera's LED will change to a slow green flash (or a solid green or yellow if plugged into power)
Congratulations! You have completed the Firmware Upgrade on your V.360